Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and how we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Specialisterne is excited to be partnering with Accenture to deliver the Accenture Access Program 2021. We are looking to recruit 6 individuals interested in cyber security and testing roles from our community of autistic candidates.
Specialisterne Australia offers an alternative pathway for people on the autism spectrum to connect with employers who recognise and value the contributions and talents that individuals on the spectrum can bring to their organisations.
Specialisterne exists because autistic candidates are being overlooked for employment, largely due to the many barriers that autistic candidates come up against when competing for employment in typical recruitment practices.
Accenture Access Program 2021
6 x Roles Available
Location of roles
These roles are currently offered in Canberra, ACT only, however applicants prepared to relocate to Canberra for employment are encouraged to apply.
* If you are applying from outside of the greater Canberra region and would require relocating, please consider the various factors and government incentives associated with relocating.
To apply for these roles, these things are essential:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a diagnosis of autism (including Autism Spectrum Disorder; Asperger’s Syndrome; Autistic Disorder or PDD-NOS)
- Must have proof of Australian Citizenship and Security Baseline required
- Must live within a daily commutable distance to Canberra
Nice to have
These things are not essential, but if you have them that’s great:
- Motivated, focussed and strong attention to detail
- Drive and eagerness to learn
- A passion for technology and innovation
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and work as part of an agile team environment
- Obtained a TAFE Qualification or Bachelors Degree in Information Technology; Computer Science; Network Security; Data and Analytics; Mathematics; Statistics; Engineering; Business; Software Development; Cyber Security or related disciplines or have relatable real-world experience in same or similar fields
- A strong interest in any of the following: Systems Testing, Applications Development, Data Analytics, Systems Analysis, Business Analysis, Systems Administration, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes), DevOps, Networking, Engineering, Business.
Before you can apply for jobs through Specialisterne Australia, you must first register with us as an eligible candidate using the form below. You only need to do this once, existing candidates already registered using this form can proceed to login at the candidate portal. To commence the application process please make sure you have the required documents stated below:
- Evidence of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis. Evidence could be a Diagnostic Assessment or a letter from a treating medical practitioner.
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Visa. Accepted documents are one of the following:
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Current Australian Passport
- Certificate of Australian Citizenship
- Permanent Residency Visa in Australia (excluding bridging visas)
Upload your documents using the form provided on this page below. A member of our team will check your eligibility and you will then be sent a link to complete an online application with Specialisterne Australia. After you have completed your application, you will be sent a link to the candidate portal to upload supporting documents.
If you have already registered as an eligible candidate with Specialisterne Australia using the form below, you can login to your account in the candidate portal to apply for the jobs or opportunities you are most interested in. A link to the candidate portal is contained in the form provided on this page below.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a 1-day practical screening workshop where they will find out more about the roles and undertake activities and assessments to determine their suitability for the various opportunities.
Following the 1-day workshop, Specialisterne will select a number of candidates to advance to the final stage of the recruitment process, the Talent Program. Candidates will be involved in a range of activities and assessments delivered by Specialisterne and our partner employers.
At the conclusion of the Talent Program activities, successful candidates will be offered employment. If you are unsuccessful, you may be considered for other Specialisterne opportunities.
Both the Screening Workshops and Talent Program activities will be delivered online in a virtual assessment centre environment and therefore candidates are expected to have use of their own computer with a webcam and microphone, and have access to the internet for the duration of the program.
At Specialisterne Australia our values are Respect, Clarity, Accommodation, and Accessibility. We keep these in mind in all that we do. We work with our partner employers to promote and sustain a diverse and inclusive workforce. To support you further throughout your journey, we provide a mentor and buddy, and we work with you to tailor an individual plan to accommodate your needs in the workplace, also providing a period of support for both you and your future employer, ensuring a successful transition into your new role.
Please Note: All applications must go through Specialisterne Australia. Our partner employers do not handle applications directly for these opportunities.