Specialisterne Australia offers an alternative pathway for people on the autism spectrum to connect with employers who recognise and value the contributions and talents that individuals on the spectrum can bring to their organisations.
We are excited to partner with Deloitte in their search for an Analyst/Consultant to work in their Cloud and Engineering Team from our community of talented autistic candidates.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders.
We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
About the team and culture
Our Cloud and Engineering services team help clients integrate technology seamlessly into the fabric of their day-to-day business. Deloitte experts provide infrastructure and networking solutions to connect, optimise, and manage private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions across leading platforms, including AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, VMware, Cisco, and Arista. No matter where you are on your cloud journey, Deloitte’s Cloud and Engineering Practice, in combination with specialists across Deloitte’s deep technical network, can work with your organisation to find your cloud possible.
Attire: No allocated uniform, we suggest either business attire or casual business attire when coming into the office / going to the client site.
Social interaction: there is some face-to-face social interaction within the Deloitte team and within the client environments. The teams use Slack and Teams (messaging systems) to talk as well.
Flexibility: Deloitte encourages a flexible working culture. There is flexibility in choosing the hours that you work. If you have appointments or prefer to work during certain times of the day, Deloitte offers flexibility around your working hours. There is flexibility around working location, many of our team work from home, client site and in the office.
Professional Development: Deloitte supports professional development very well, with a Buddy and Coach structure everyone is paired with a manager level or higher Career Coach who provides one on one assistance to guide and suggest pathways to explore, to be the best you can be. Deloitte also supports/funds technical certification directly relating to career pathways.
Benefits of working at Deloitte
Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best with our 9 different types of Flex options
- Global opportunities – for the travel bugs out there!
- Career breaks for up to 12 months – for study, travel, volunteering, or personal interests Salary packing including novated car leasing Reimbursements for professional development Paid professional memberships
- Discounted health insurance
- Gym discounts – Fitness First, Xtend Barre, HealthPass… the list goes on!
- Technology discounts – from Apple, HP, Lenovo, Windows… the list goes on!
- Banking, finance and well-being program discounts
- Exclusive leisure travel discounts – access corporate rates for hotels and insurance
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Pay for performance incentives – your hard work won’t go unnoticed Superannuation with ethical investment options
About the role
Analyst/Consultants – Cloud and Engineering: up to 5 roles available in Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane
Permanent, on-going roles. Full time (negotiable). Flexible working available.
Salary levels are banded and are dependent on experience.
Deloitte offers a hybrid model of working. Working from home is available to all staff. Some projects may require working at client sites.
The roles are available in the following locations:
- Brisbane: Level 23/123 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Sydney: Level 9/225 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Melbourne: 477 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
All Core Business Operations positions are looking for candidates to work as Analyst/Consultants in their Cloud and Engineering team.
As a software engineer, you’ll work in a constantly evolving environment, due to technological advances and the strategic direction of the organisation you work for.
You’ll create, maintain, audit and improve systems to meet particular needs, often as advised by a systems analyst or architect, testing both hard and software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults.
The role also covers writing diagnostic programs and designing and writing code for operating systems and software to ensure efficiency. When required, you’ll make recommendations for future developments.
To apply for these roles, these things are essential:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a diagnosis of autism (including autism spectrum disorder; Asperger’s Syndrome; Autistic Disorder or PDD-NOS).
- Ability to gain a Security Clearance is a requirement and includes being an Australian Citizen.
- Proof of vaccination for entry into the office premises.
- Must live within a daily commutable distance to one of the Deloitte offices (Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne)
These things are important to have:
- Self-motivated, problem-crushing attitude
- You’re a team player and you just want to build solutions that work
- You might have a qualification in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, but not essential
Nice to have
These things are not essential, but if you have one or some of them that’s great:
- Experience on at least one of the Public Cloud Providers AWS, Azure & GCP specifically around cloud migrations and transformations.
- Prior experience in build engineering, automated deployments & testing, infrastructure, environment management and configuration, and release management on major cloud service providers.
- DevOps tools & techniques
- Experience with designing scalable processes and infrastructure
- Solid knowledge of development languages or scripting languages
- Experience working in an agile delivery team or agile operations team
- You have AWS, Azure and GCP Certifications or will acquire them 3 months of joining
Specialisterne Australia exists because autistic candidates are being overlooked for employment, largely due to the many barriers that autistic candidates come up against when competing for employment in typical recruitment practices.
Specialisterne has created an end-to-end recruitment and employee support framework that removes those typically found barriers, and replaces them with practical, demonstrative assessments and activities whereby candidates, over a patient process, have the opportunity to:
- better understand the requirements of the roles they are competing for to assess if they are the right opportunities for them
- meet team members and managers throughout the process
- connect with others who have previously gained employment via this program
- demonstrate through practical assessments and activities their motivation and suitability for the available roles over a patient process
- ‘show’ what they can do (not just tell someone what you can do)
At Specialisterne Australia our values are Respect, Clarity, Accommodation, and Accessibility. We keep these in mind in all that we do. We work with our partner employers to promote and sustain a diverse and inclusive workforce. To support you further throughout your journey, we provide a mentor and buddy, and we work with you to tailor an individual plan to accommodate your needs in the workplace, also providing a period of support for both you and your future employer, ensuring a successful transition into your new role.
Please Note: All applications must go through Specialisterne Australia. Our partner employers do not handle applications directly for these opportunities.
Location of roles
These roles are offered in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane only, however applicants prepared to relocate for employment are encouraged to apply.
First time with Specialisterne Australia?
Before you can apply for jobs through the Specialisterne Australia jobs portal, you must first register with us as an eligible candidate. You only need to do this once. Register using the form below, or by clicking here: Register with Specialisterne Australia
Already registered with Specialisterne Australia?
Existing candidates already registered can quickly apply for jobs at the candidate portal. If you have already registered and have an account: Click here to login at the candidate portal
A member of our team will check your eligibility, and you will then be sent a link to complete an online registration form with Specialisterne Australia. After you have completed your registration form, you will be sent a link to the candidate portal to upload supporting documents and apply for our jobs.
If you have already registered as an eligible candidate with Specialisterne Australia and have an account, you can login to the Specialisterne Australia candidate jobs portal to quickly apply for the jobs or opportunities you are most interested in. A link to the candidate portal is contained in the form provided on this page below.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to find out more about the roles while participating in activities and assessments delivered by Specialisterne and our partner employers to determine their suitability for the various opportunities.
At the conclusion of the activities, successful candidates will be offered employment. If you are unsuccessful, you may be considered for other Specialisterne opportunities.
To commence the registration process, please make sure you have the required documents stated below:
- Evidence of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis. Evidence could be a Diagnostic Assessment or a letter from a treating medical practitioner.
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Visa*. Accepted documents are one of the following:
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Current Australian Passport
- Certificate of Australian Citizenship
- Permanent Residency Visa in Australia (excluding bridging visas)*
* please check individual role requirements for Citizenship requirmements
Activities may be delivered in-person and online in a virtual assessment centre environment and therefore candidates are expected to have use of their own computer with a webcam and microphone, and have access to the internet in order to participate.