Over the next six months we have over 100 roles available with our employer partners in the areas of IT, administration, and government, and we are looking for autistic individuals with any of the following skills, interests and talents:
- Programming / scripting languages and related frameworks, tools or environments
- An avid interest in technology and roles such as cyber security, software engineering/development, data science/analysis, test analysis/engineering, business analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Suite of tools
- Administration, office support, report writing
- Enjoy routine activity
- Attention to detail and focus
- Curious, questioning mind
- Creative or innovative thinking
- Motivated to learn
Most roles are entry level with no experience necessary.
Roles are available in Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. Many will be remote/work for home initially, with a transition into the workplace in the future.
To be eligible to participate in the recruitment process you will need to provide evidence of your autism diagnosis, or a supporting letter from a medical practitioner if you are successful in being invited onto the program.
Register today to be part of our practical recruitment process.
Please use the web form to register: Current Opportunities | Specialisterne Australia
Specialisterne Australia exists because autistic candidates are being overlooked for employment, largely due to the many barriers that autistic candidates come up against when competing for employment in typical recruitment practices.
Specialisterne has created an end-to-end recruitment and employee support framework that removes those typically found barriers, and replaces them with practical, demonstrative assessments and activities whereby candidates, over a patient process, have the opportunity to:
- better understand the requirements of the roles they are competing for to assess if they are the right opportunities for them
- meet team members and managers throughout the process
- connect with others who have previously gained employment via this program
- demonstrate through practical assessments and activities their motivation and suitability for the available roles over a patient process
- ‘show’ what they can do (not just tell someone what you can do)
At Specialisterne Australia our values are Respect, Clarity, Accommodation, and Accessibility. We keep these in mind in all that we do. We work with our partner employers to promote and sustain a diverse and inclusive workforce. To support you further throughout your journey, we provide a mentor and buddy, and we work with you to tailor an individual plan to accommodate your needs in the workplace, also providing a period of support for both you and your future employer, ensuring a successful transition into your new role.